Usually, we use PowerPoint for creating presentations. But you will be surprised to know that you can also use PowerPoint for creating other elements, such as posters. PowerPoint is useful software that helps in creating poster designs. With this, you will get access to greater flexibility and graphic features.
In this guide, you will get to know how to make a poster in PowerPoint.
Steps to Make a Poster in PowerPoint
Making posters in PowerPoint is easy. But before you move on to creating them, you have to select the poster dimensions. This has an impact on the message you would like to convey through the poster. Thus, it is important that you select the correct size.
Now, let's move on to the steps to create a poster using PowerPoint.
1. Choose the poster materials. Prior to starting the poster, figure out what is going to go into the poster. Create a plan for the design and get the materials ready in a desktop folder, such as data, charts, texts, and photos.
2. Now, open PowerPoint on your laptop or PC. Begin by opening a blank template. No matter the version of PowerPoint you are using to create the poster design.
3. Choose the size of the poster design. Make sure that you design the poster the size it is going to be printed. When it comes to PowerPoint, the optimum slide is 52 inches tall and wide. Set the dimensions in the menu and then go over to Slide Size.
4. Now, choose drop-and-drag for selecting the Page Setup. Insert the page size. Remember, a poster uses portrait orientation.
5. When the layout has been set, you have to add the text elements to the design. Limit the text to what is required.
6. Add the images or other design elements that you would like to use on the poster. Drag and drop the image into the poster design.
7. When you have the design elements for the poster, you need to make the required adjustments. You can make adjustments to the size and color.
8. In case you don't have many design elements in mind, you can use the preset templates in PowerPoint. These are available in the Design menu. Choose the color option that will cater to the size you have selected.
9. When you have the PowerPoint poster, export the file you have printed. The most common format is PDF.
10. Put the PDF on the drive for printing the poster.
This is how to create a poster in PowerPoint. But, PowerPoint might not be the best solution to create the poster design but it is surely the most viable solution out there. One of the biggest problems of using PowerPoint to create posters is that it comes with a size limit. Hence, you need to make sure that it is right for your design.
Easy Way to Make a Poster Online
If you want to create posters online, you can use PixStudio. With this, you will be able to design posters in a simplified manner. The tool makes your design come to life. PixStudio is a stunning creative design solution. With the drag-and-drop templates, you can deliver fast designs. There are different types of templates for various social media posts.
To create the posters using the poster using PixStudio, you will have to follow the steps given below.
1. Firstly, you will have to launch the tool on your preferred browser and create an account.
2. Click on the 'Template' given at the top. Take the help of the Search Bar to look for templates. Choosing the template will start designing. You can also use an existing design and change the template if you want.
3. Click on the 'Preview' button to check what you have designed. The 'Play' button will play the design in a loop. The 'Close' button will close the preview mode.
4. Now, it is time to print the border. Choose 'Show Print Border'. This will showcase the print border on the design page.
5. Insert the important design elements inside the border to make sure that is cut off when you are printing the posters.
6. You can add various elements to the design. So, you have the option to add text, photos, etc. by clicking on 'Element'.
7. Click on the option 'Download' for downloading the poster from the top-right corners.
8. Select the file type. In case the poster design has multiple pages, it will be downloaded automatically. The design is saved to the assigned download folder of the browser.
With PixStudio, you have an extended library of extraordinary templates. There are a variety of amazing templates. So, choose your preferred template to start designing.
How to Set Poster Size in PowerPoint?
When you are making a poster in PowerPoint and want to change the size of the poster, you will have to change the size of the slides. In order to accomplish this, there are a few steps to take.
Look at them for a moment.
Choose the Design.
Then choose the Slide Size present on the toolbar.
Choose standard (4:3 aspect ratios). But you can also choose Custom Slide Size or Widescreen.
PowerPoint cannot resize one slide in a presentation. All slides in the presentation will be of the same size. Also, it cannot change the orientation of the page on some slides.
The steps above will help in creating a poster in PowerPoint. If you follow these steps well, you will be able to create great-looking posters. Even if it is your first time, you will be able to do it without any hassle.
However, there is always more to learn in terms of PowerPoint. The primary aim is to spend less time thinking about how you use the tool while focusing on the content.
But if you want an easier method, you can create a poster using PixStudio. There is a free online tool available.